BY AIR: Boston’s Logan Airport. Those with private air transportation can fly directly to Beverly Municipal Airport.
BY CAR: Massachusetts Turnpike to Rte. 128 north to exit 22E or Rte. 62 East to Beverly. At fork bear left. At end of road turn right onto Cabot Street. Go two blocks and turn left onto Dane Street. At end of road, the ocean in front of you, turn right onto Lothrop Street. At fork bear left. At end of street turn left onto Water Street. First brick building on left. First floor.
BY TRAIN: From Boston’s North Station take trains bound for Gloucester or Rockport. Depart train at Beverly Depot. The shop is a 10-minute walk from the station.
BY BOAT: Massachusetts Bay to Salem Channel to Beverly Harbor. The Jubilee Yacht Club will rent moorings and is just across the street from the shop. Launch service is available Memorial Day through Oct.
CAR RENTALS: Available at Logan Airport, or one mile from the shop in Salem.
Situated 100 yards from Beverly Harbor, the shop occupies 3500-sq. ft. of space. The floor plan consists of a bench room, drafting room, office, machine room, with lumber storage. Advanced amateur and industrial tools, equip the machine room. Tools include, a 10″ & 16″ table saw, 8″& 16″ jointer, 12″ & 18″ planer, 30″ band saw, 2 shapers, mortise machine, radial arm saw, 10ft & 40″ lathe, stroke sander, scroll saw and drill press.
Materials including a selection of hardwoods will be available for the workshops at retail prices. If you wish, you may bring your own. A materials list will be sent upon enrollment. A selection of hardwoods will be available.
Students are responsible for bringing their own hand tools. A list of necessary tools will be sent for the course in which you have enrolled. Upon request we will purchase the required tools for you (30 days advance notice is required).
Thursday mornings Philip will lead a tour to the Peabody Essex Museum to study the furniture and have lunch. This is included in the workshop fee. If other family members would like to attend they may do so for an additional charge. Note: this trip is only available for the one and two week courses.
There are many hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts and campgrounds in the area. We suggest that you book reservations early as the area is a popular tourist location. When you register for a workshop, a list of lodging opportunities will be mailed to you.
One and two week workshops begin Monday at 9:00 a.m. and conclude Friday at 5:00 p.m. Weekend courses begin at 9:00a.m. Saturday and conclude 4:00 p.m. Sunday.
Instruction will be provided Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with lunches from 12:00 to 1:00.
There is no smoking of any kind in the shop.
There is no accommodation for pets. Please leave them at home.
* Full payment of tuition must be received 30 days prior to first day of class.
* Payment can be made using PayPal, Personal checks, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, and Money orders.
Refund and Cancellation
* 30 days advanced notice is required to withdraw from workshops to receive deposit refund. $50 fee is charged for cancelation. CANCELLATION MUST BE IN WRITING, REFUND WILL BE BASED ON THE POSTMARKED DATE.
* No refund will be granted if withdrawal from workshop occurs less than 30 days before scheduled class, full payment of tuition will be due.
* If a workshop must be canceled due to lack of students, deposits and fees will be promptly refunded.
* Complete the registration form and return it with the $350 per course or 50% of the course fee as a deposit.
Acceptance is based on a first come first serve basis.
* FIRST COME FIRST SERVED, BASED UPON RECEIPT OF APPLICATION, DEPOSIT, AND REGISTRATION FEE
* 17 year old age requirement is necessary for all participants.
* Tuition for a one week workshop $785.00
* Tuition for a two week workshop $1500.00
* Tuition for a day clinic $175.00
* Tuition For Weekend $350.00
No alcohol is allowed in the shop at any time. If you require medication that could impair your judgement, you will be restricted from the use of power tools. Please no children in the shop during working hours. Woodworking is inherently dangerous, and improper use of hand tools or power tools can lead to serious injury or death. By taking these workshops you agree to do so solely at your own risk and release owners , guest lecturers , assistants, and managers, as well as others from any claims or liabilities from injury, loss or damage. Each student must sign a liability waiver.