Application For Full Time Program
Please note that this application is only one part of the application process. The prospective student must visit the shop for an interview and submit prior school transcripts, as well as photos or slides of work completed or in progress. The Applicant is responsible for seeing that all aspects of the application are complete. No action will be taken on incomplete application.
1. Beginning Date: __________________________________________________
2. Name: _______________________________________________________
(Last) (First) (M.I.)
3. Permanent Address:
(City)___________________________ (State)_______________ (Zip)_________
4.Telephone: _____________________E-Mail ____________________________
5. Mailing Address: __________________________________________________
Date of Birth______________________ Place of Birth______________________
Citizenship_______________________ Social Security #____________________
Attended / Graduated
High School | City, State, Zip | From To | Yes No
Please use the space below for further comments to support your application or to elaborate on any questions.
7. University/College | City, State Zip | From To | Major & Degree
8. Work Experience: (Employer , job, dates)
9. What is your experience in furniture making or woodworking?
10. Do you plan to specialize in a particular aspect of the trade (turning, carving, repair)?
11. Where and what work do you plan to do after successfully completing this course?
12. Why have you chosen this profession?
13. List names and addresses of people in the trade that you have discussed your plans with.
14. List hobbies, crafts, sports, etc.
15. References: Please submit complete mailing address and telephone number.
Name, Address, City, State, Telephone
16. How do you plan to finance your course?
17. Have you visited the shop for an admission interview If so, when?
18. How did you hear about the course?
Please send material to show your woodworking abilities. Photos, slides, drawings.
(If you would like this material returned please enclose a self addressed stamped envelope.)
Please arrange to have high school and most recent post secondary school transcripts mailed to the school.
Signature of Applicant ______________________________________________
The Furniture Institute of Massachusetts
116 Water Street • Beverly, MA 01915